[squid-users] Help wanted to clean up and update the wiki

Francesco Chemolli gkinkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:21:50 UTC 2022

Hi all!
  In the last weeks I have started the process to clean up the squid wiki
and port it to a faster and more effective platform - the goal is to be
able to host it onsite or on github pages.

I have done the heavy lifting of collecting and auto-transcoding the
contents from MoinMon to Markdown, but as it always happens there's a lot
of cleanup to do, and at 500 pages it's a lot of work. You can find the
work in progress at https://kinkie.github.io/ and the underlying dataset at
https://github.com/kinkie/kinkie.github.io .

THE ASK
Is anyone willing to help, clean and migrate pages over?

HOW TO HELP
I am currently focusing on the ConfigExamples section of the wiki. Pages to
be cleaned up are in old/ConfigExamples. For each page in that subtree, the
"example as-is" content needs to be removed (it's now added by the
template engine), markdown needs to be cleaned up, and the page can be
moved to the docs/ subtree (in the same relative location); then send me a
PR with the changes.
Changes can be tested locally if you have jekyll installed on your system
along with the plugins listed in docs/_config.yml, by the running bin/serve
script

Thanks for any contributions, and please ask questions if something is
unclear, they will help me develop a more comprehensive how-to-help guide

--
    Francesco