[squid-users] tcp_outgoing_address directive ignored, data goes out on default gateway

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Nov 30 01:00:42 UTC 2022

On 29/11/2022 9:07 pm, N wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> thanks for the quick response.
>
> following your comments, my configuration now looks like this:
> acl auth_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
> http_access deny !auth_users
> acl wg_uk note user uk
> tcp_outgoing_address 10.200.0.70 wg_uk
> tcp_outgoing_address fe80::bd02:7fd9:3f4b:4a22 wg_uk
>
> still, the traffic is not going through the wg_uk interface.
>
> the logs are huge when using squid -k debug, so I wasn't sure what I
> should clip.
> I decided to add the full log of the few requests that were tested,
> hope it's ok, and that you can understand something from it.

Log is great. It confirms a bug happening. The wg_uk ACL produces a
non-matches on the first time it scans the tcp_outgoing_address list,
then matches on the second IP tested. It should be always matching or
always non-matching.

Please report this to the project bugzilla
(<http://bugs.squid-cache.org>) for tracking.
I am about to try to replicate the issue here and will update the report
with my findings in the next day or so.

Cheers