[squid-users] does squid 5.7 support HTTP/2 protocol

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Nov 19 06:43:29 UTC 2022

On 19/11/2022 3:23 am, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does squid 5.7 support the HTTP/2.0 protocol?

Short answer is "no".

>  From https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTP2 it seem some work seems
> to be done, but not all.
> But sometimes the docu is outdated, so I hope it is outdated and squid
> does support HTTP/2

Squid-5 is able to detect HTTP/2 version being attempted and reject it.
Further support is stuck in PR review.

PS. with HTTP/3 coming out and becoming so popular in the time it took
to get the simplest h2c support into Squid I have moved focus to adding
that first and potentially skipping HTTP/2 entirely. Work to add QUIC
support underlaying HTTP/3 is also in PR review at present.

HTH