[squid-users] Upgrade to Squid 5.7

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 15 03:23:23 UTC 2022

is for Squid Software Foundation web/mail/repository administrators.

On 14/11/2022 11:33 pm, Vandita Reddy wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I am currently using Squid 4.10 for proxy but due to some requirements
> I want to upgrade the same to Squid 5.7.
>
> I have browsed the internet for a while for some leads but there is no
> guidance provided.

Requirements depend on what Vendor(s) you are using already for OS and
to get Squid. If they provide an upgraded version it is "just" a matter
of installing that.

If that Vendor requires a full OS upgrade to get the new Squid and you
want to avoid that, then building your own Squid is usually available as
an alternative.

If you could mention the Vendor/OS you are using, we could probably
provide some better help that the above.

> Kindly help me upgrade the service. Also, please tell me if there is
> vulnerability if I do not set passwords for all user accounts.

In terms of security username with no password is the same as username
with a trivial well-known password. Not secure at all.

HTH