[squid-users] squid 5.7: can't access https://www.ilo.org/global/lang--en/index.htm with enabled sslbump, without sslbump it works

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Nov 11 16:01:05 UTC 2022

On 12/11/2022 2:49 am, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using squid 5.7 with enabled sslbump and can't reach the website https://www.ilo.org/global/lang--en/index.htm
> I get an error of type ERR_INVALID_RESP, but when I disable sslbump the
> webcontent is shown in the browser.
>
> Can anybody confirm this and can tell me what causes this problem ?

TLS is complicated. SSL-Bump even more so. It is unlikely everyone else
has exactly the same things occuring, even if they have the same
squid.conf settings.

You need to look at what the ERR_INVALID_RESP actually says in wrong
with the server response.
The check Squid cache.log. You may need to set "debug_options 11,2" to
get a trace of the HTTP messages and see what is going on.

HTH