[squid-users] Problem with wss protocol.

Armando Ramos Roche mandycuba1985 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:59:29 UTC 2022

Hi all.
I was working with squid v3.3 on ubuntu 18.04, after migrating to ubuntu
20.04 a few months ago, squid was updated to version 3.5, currently version
3.5.27.
And I have realized that nothing that uses the wss or ws protocol works for
me, for example whatsapp, messenger etc...
I've searched the logs, but nothing shows up.
I am not doing SSL Bump.
And I've done some searching on the internet and can't find anything to
help me.
It does not even get a response from the server, it does not even leave a
trace in the log
Here the request in firefox:
{
"GET": {
"scheme": "wss",
"host": "web.whatsapp.com",
"filename": "/ws/chat"
}
}
{
"Cabeceras de la petición (585 B)": {
"headers": [
{
"name": "Accept",
"value": "*/*"
},
{
"name": "Accept-Encoding",
"value": "gzip, deflate, br"
},
{
"name": "Accept-Language",
"value": "es-ES,es;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3"
},
{
"name": "Cache-Control",
"value": "no-cache"
},
{
"name": "Connection",
"value": "keep-alive, Upgrade"
},
{
"name": "DNT",
"value": "1"
},
{
"name": "Host",
"value": "web.whatsapp.com"
},
{
"name": "Origin",
"value": "https://web.whatsapp.com"
},
{
"name": "Pragma",
"value": "no-cache"
},
{
"name": "Sec-Fetch-Dest",
"value": "websocket"
},
{
"name": "Sec-Fetch-Mode",
"value": "websocket"
},
{
"name": "Sec-Fetch-Site",
"value": "same-origin"
},
{
"name": "Sec-WebSocket-Extensions",
"value": "permessage-deflate"
},
{
"name": "Sec-WebSocket-Key",
"value": "CahSZ7V991nVOR4e+FTLIg=="
},
{
"name": "Sec-WebSocket-Version",
"value": "13"
},
{
"name": "Upgrade",
"value": "websocket"
},
{
"name": "User-Agent",
"value": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:106.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/106.0"
}
]
}