[squid-users] is there a way to tell squid to write external ip even that external ip not attached into the machine ?

Ahmad Alzaeem 0xff1f at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:33:35 UTC 2022

Hello Eliezer
I thought it could be done by editing squid src file  like to skip inet address lookup .

Thanks

From: squid-users <squid-users-bounces at lists.squid-cache.org> on behalf of Eliezer Croitoru <ngtech1ltd at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, May 13, 2022 at 8:21 AM
To: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org <squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org>
Subject: Re: [squid-users] is there a way to tell squid to write external ip even that external ip not attached into the machine ?
Hey Ahmad,

You should use a tproxy port with a PROXY protocol support and acls.
With these you can try to push traffic to the network from a local process that will write the right details to squid that will generate a fake source ip.

And since you have asked I assume you are not familiar enough with this kind of setup so it’s crucial you will understand what are doing
before trying and testing it since at might not work as you expect.

All The Bests,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru