[squid-users] Squid Reconfigure Downtime

Manikandan Swaminathan manikandan.swaminathan at veeva.com
Fri May 6 01:33:08 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm new to Squid and am currently researching the use/effects of running
reconfigurations. I've come across a couple links and forums that talk
about this, but since some of those are a bit dated I wanted to make sure I
have the right info...

We're currently running Squid 4.8, and I want to know, what is the expected
downtime when running "squid -k reconfigure"? How does this affect existing
and incoming connections?

I ran a simple test in my machine where I reconfigure squid, while
separately running multiple proxy requests. As far as I could tell, there
wasn't any disruption, but I'd like to get some input from more experienced
folks.

Thanks,
Mani