[squid-users] Reconfiguring Squid every few seconds

roee klinger roeeklinger60 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:48:29 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have a server with multiple 4G modems with Squid running on it, the 4G
modems get an internal private IP that is dynamic (unfortunately this can't
be changed),

I set up Squid to use the interfaces as follows:

tcp_outgoing_address <some_ip>

The configuration works well and everything works great, however, whenever
I restart one of the modems (I have many, and I restart them a lot), I get
a new internal private IP, and I need to reconfigure Squid, this means that
I will be running "squid -k reconfigure" multiple times a minute.

Will this have a bad effect on Squid and traffic (I understand this does
not cause Squid to restart)? What is my alternative?

Thanks,
Roee