[squid-users] SQUID refuses to listen on any TCP Port

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Mar 14 09:27:05 UTC 2022

On Monday 14 March 2022 at 05:42:35, ben wrote:

> Hi Eliezer,
>
> SQUID started listening only after I run "ip6tables -P INPUT ACCEPT".

Without seeing the rest of your iptables rules, it's not clear whether this
really does apply to every interface and every protocol, or whether there are
exception rules which over-ride this default policy rule.

However, there are quite a number of applications which will refuse to start,
or not operate correctly, if you do not permit loopback traffic (IPv4 as well as
IPv6), so this may be the cause of your problems.

Antony.

--
"Once you have a panic, things tend to become rather undefined."

 - murble

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.