[squid-users] auto-generated release on http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v6/ somewhat stale?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Mar 8 02:03:43 UTC 2022

On 7/03/22 21:25, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Are the auto-generated releases on
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v6/
> simply broken or is there another reason for a recent tarball since
> 07.02.2022?

The snapshots only publish if our CI system confirms the code as working
on a range of popular systems and compilers.
(<http://build.squid-cache.org/job/trunk-matrix/>)

A build fix for FreeBSD broke the build for Ubuntu Xenial clang. So the
v6 development branch is not passing that check right now.
It is being worked on (slowly) at
<https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/986>.

All other OS and compilers appear fine. So I have now kicked a snapshot
build to happen. It should show up in the next 24 hrs.