[squid-users] SQUID refuses to listen on any TCP Port

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Mar 4 15:32:00 UTC 2022

On 3/4/22 06:11, ben wrote:

> I've done this and uploaded the log. Please take a look at it. Thank you
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8nwdjs7bly4exw/squid.log.gz

Did you wait a few seconds and then killed Squid? Or did Squid quit
(i.e. gave back control to your terminal/console session) on its own?

It looks like your Squid process is being killed by something: The log
is missing a debugging line that should have been there right after the
last line logged. There are no particularly dangerous calls between
those two debugging lines.

Can you start your Squid from gdb instead of the command line?

     sudo gdb --args squid -X -N -d9 -f ...
     (gdb) run

Alex.