[squid-users] SQUID refuses to listen on any TCP Port

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Mar 4 04:29:35 UTC 2022

On 4/03/22 00:50, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Should "squid -kparse" be of help for such a scenario?

Ideally, but it depends on what the exact cause is. The purpose of
"-kparse" is to find errors that a startup would show anyway, but
without actually needing a running proxy.

Nothing being visible at all in cache.log indicates Squid has no
specific check for the situation yet.

> Else then using the default squid.conf it would be helpful to explain what are the basic squid.conf that is required for squid to run.
> I believe that a wiki/doc about this would be nice (volunteering to write a draft later on)

The bundled QUICKSTART file is supposed to be that first-time basic intro.

FYI; wiki is being overhauled by kinkie right now :-). If you do any
significant update please ping him with details. Cheers