[squid-users] SQUID refuses to listen on any TCP Port

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Mar 3 19:39:30 UTC 2022

On 3/3/22 11:12, ben wrote:

> I tried your suggestions and it is the same result
> first I deliberately put some erroreous config in squid.conff and it
> failed to start as a result.
> When I ran it again by specifying the default config manually, it make
> no difference from before.

There is a difference, but apparently not in the final outcome.

Please use the following or equivalent command to start your Squid with
debugging enabled (-X), wait ~30 seconds, and then press Control-C (to
kill the running Squid process if it is running), compress, and share a
pointer to the resulting stderr output captured in the
/tmp/debugging.log file.

     squid -X -N -d9 -f /etc/squid/squid.conf.saved 2> /tmp/debugging.log

It is best to use default Squid configuration for this triage in order
to reduce the chances of sharing sensitive information in that debugging
log.