[squid-users] the free domains blacklists are gone..

ngtech1ltd at gmail.com ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:00:48 UTC 2022

Hey,

I have tried to download blacklists from couple sites that was publishing these in the past and all of them are gone.
The only free resource I have found was DNS blacklists.

I just wrote a dstdomain external helper that can work with a SQL DB and it seems to run pretty nice.
Until now I have tried MySQL, Maraidb, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and all of them works pretty nice.
There is an overhead in storing the data in a DB compared to a plain text file but the benefits are worth it.

The only lists I have found are for Pihole for example at:
https://github.com/blocklistproject/Lists

So now I just need to convert these to dstdomain format and it will work with Squid pretty nice.

Any recommendations for free lists are welcome.

Thanks,
Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru