[squid-users] Squid checking for both dstdomain and IP

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Jun 28 20:05:50 UTC 2022

On 6/28/22 14:32, Bruno de Paula Larini wrote:

> http_access allow allowed_sites
> http_access allow SSL_ports

The above rules allow abuse of sites matching allowed_sites (by proxying
CONNECT traffic to any port on those sites). They also allow any traffic
to SSL_ports of any site. In summary, they are not much better than
allowing all traffic, creating an open proxy ripe for abuse.

Most likely, Squid interpretation of http_access rules significantly
differs from yours -- you probably thought the above rules achieve some
other (desirable) effect. You may need to start from squid.conf.default
rules and studying how http_access rules work in Squid. Once your
interpretation matches Squid's you can advance to dealing with SslBump
complexities; the above problems are not even related to SslBump.

You may find the following page useful, but I realize that it has a lot
of information irrelevant to your specific use case:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl

HTH,

Alex.