[squid-users] Squid ACLs by DSCP

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jun 22 10:07:31 UTC 2022

On 19/06/22 06:55, ngtech1ltd wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have been marking different clients with DSCP and have managed to
> redirect traffic to different squid ports based on DSCP.
>
> I am trying to use a single squid port that will read the DSCP of the
> connection as an ACL, is this even possible?

The so-called DSCP "field" is a re-mapping of the TOS value.

See this table for the TOS hex values for each DSCP service type:
<https://linuxreviews.org/Type_of_Service_(ToS)_and_DSCP_Values#The_DSCP_and_The_ToS_Byte_Values>

Squid has a fair amount of support for TOS. So the question is more
whether Squid TOS directives can do what you want.

I do not understand quite what ACLs have to do with what you are
wanting. Can you clarify what you are trying to have happen in terms of
traffic flow?

HTH