[squid-users] Logrotate question

robert k Wild robertkwild at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:27:26 UTC 2022

just a question, im just playing with logrotate

/usr/local/squid/var/logs/*.log {
monthly
rotate 4
compress
delaycompress
missingok
dateext
dateformat -%d%m%Y
su root root
postrotate
/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -k reconfigure
endscript
}

why is the "squid -k rotate" listed under "postrotate" as logrotate is
handling it

Regards,

Robert K Wild.