[squid-users] Logrotate question

ngtech1ltd at gmail.com ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:01:17 UTC 2022

Oops,

The next is the file: /etc/logrotate.d/squid
##START
/var/log/squid/*.log {
    weekly
    rotate 5
    compress
    notifempty
    missingok
    nocreate
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
      # Asks squid to reopen its logs. (logfile_rotate 0 is set in squid.conf)
      # errors redirected to make it silent if squid is not running
      /usr/sbin/squid -k rotate 2>/dev/null
      # Wait a little to allow Squid to catch up before the logs is compressed
      sleep 1
    endscript
}
##END

So you need to change the rotate to 92+ and also change the squid number of logs to the same number.

Let me know if you it’s helpful.

Eliezer