[squid-users] Logrotate question

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jun 16 10:14:08 UTC 2022

On 16.06.22 10:54, robert k Wild wrote:
>Basically I want to keep logs for 3 months then rotate so it overwrites
>them with another 3 months, if that makes sense

in fact, it does not.

I guess you are supposed to keep 3 months of logs, which mean, you always
need to have 3 months of logs available.

Each day, you can delete log files over 3 months old.

If you rotated lof once in 3 months, you would have single file with 3
months of logs in it, and could remove it 3 months after rotating, when
first logs would be 6 months old.

As we already told you, rotate daily and remove old logs after 92 days.
and use logrotate config.

Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.