[squid-users] slow TCP_TUNNEL

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jul 25 17:14:59 UTC 2022

On 7/25/22 2:40 AM, Katerina Bubenickova wrote:
> Now I am out of ideas what to test.
I am a big fan of tcpdump (et al.).  With something taking nearly 30
times as long to function, there is probably something relatively
obvious if you know where to look.  I find that watching the traffic for
a few minutes usually shines a light in the direction that needs to be
investigated further.  There may be spurious DNS queries, or something's
attempting IPv6 for something, or the likes.

Take a look at the traffic for a brief period (30 seconds - 5 minutes)
and see if what you see makes sense.  Hopefully you will see something
that doesn't make sense.  Chase that for a few more minutes until you
can explain it.  Maybe it will be part of the problem.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die