[squid-users] Squid white list

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jul 14 09:10:21 UTC 2022

On 5/07/22 02:12, Ben Goz wrote:
> By the help of God.
>
> Hi,
> I want to use squid access list to implement white list of group of urls.
> If I want to while list domain example.com <http://example.com> and this
> website invokes http requests to
> domain example-a.com <http://example-a.com> which is not included in my
> white list so squid denied this request,
> which could break to page from example.com <http://example.com>.
>
> What is the recommended way to solve this problem without manually
> including all domains to white list?

So ... two different domain names (A and B) need to be added to a
whitelist as separate entries. That does not sound like a problem to me,
it is normal for any type of list to have an entry for each distinct
thing listed.

If your problem is that there are *sub*-domains in a dstdomain/srcdomain
list, use wildcard entries. That is done by omitting the subdomain
label(s), leaving one entry starting a '.' like so:
   acl foo dstdomain .example.com

If your problem is actually that there is a pattern to domain names TLD
portion then you might use regex. Almost all ACl types have a *_regex
variant. Like so:
   acl foo dstdom_regex example(\-[a-z])?\.com$