[squid-users] Tune Squid proxy to handle 90k connection

André Bolinhas andre.bolinhas at articatech.com
Tue Jan 25 16:42:38 UTC 2022

Any tip about my last comment?

-----Mensagem original-----
De: André Bolinhas <andre.bolinhas at articatech.com>
Enviada: 21 de janeiro de 2022 16:36
Para: 'Amos Jeffries' <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>; squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
Assunto: RE: [squid-users] Tune Squid proxy to handle 90k connection

Thanks Amos
Yes, you are right, I will put a second box with HaProxy in front to balance the traffic.
About the sockets I can't double it because is a physical machine, do you think disable hyperthreading from bios will help, because we have other services inside the box that works in multi-threading, like unbound DNS?

Just more a few questions:
1º The server have 92Gb of Ram, do you think that is needed that adding swap will help squid performance?
2º Right now we are using squid 4.17 did you recommend upgrade or downgrade to any specific version?
3º We need categorization, for this we are using an external helper to achieve it, do you recommend use this approach with ACL or move to some kind of ufdbguard service?

Best regards