[squid-users] MITM the MITM

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Jan 6 17:26:14 UTC 2022

On 1/4/22 9:56 AM, Will BMD wrote:
> I'm not aware of WCCP, but I'll look into it.

In short, the Web Cache Communications Protocol, "... specifies
interactions between one or more routers (or Layer 3 switches) and one
or more web-caches ...".

Link - Web Cache Communications Protocol (WCCP)
  -
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/tech/content-networking/web-cache-communications-protocol-wccp/index.html

WCCP can be pressed into service between an in-path device (usually L3)
and a cache.  As such, I would hope ~> expect that the pseudo L3
firewall can do it's work while using WCCP to allow a backend proxy do
the actual caching, et la.

> Thanks for info Grant.

You're welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.  It's been a busy week.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die