[squid-users] peek & splice only to log ssl info

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Feb 25 19:36:11 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'll upgrade some debian servers to debian 10 where squid-ssl package (4.13)
is available and I'm searching for way to enhance current logging of CONNECT
requests to include SSL data - SNI servername and possibly basic certificate
info.

I only intend to splice connections but after repeated reading
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice I still don't
understand parts of the logic.

- is the combination described at:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice#Basic_Splicing_and_Bumping
enough for logging SNI and cert info?

- are peek and they completely equal at step 1?

- what's the difference between peek and splice that makes it impossible
   (most of the time) to splice (stare) or bump (peek) the connection?
   I guess I don't really need to know this one but I'm curious.

thanks for comments.

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]