[squid-users] Trying to set up SSL cache - solved!

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Feb 24 20:07:53 UTC 2022

On 2/24/22 14:38, Dave Blanchard wrote:

 > ssl_bump client-first all

> What is the replacement for client-first?

A "good" answer depends on what exactly you are trying to achieve;
details matter. A "dumb" answer (i.e. a direct replacement without
considering your true needs and Squid bugs) is:

   ssl_bump bump all

Please do not misinterpret my statement as if that dumb answer is never
good or correct. It all depends on your needs.

> I prefer to handle the certificate validation externally

It is a common need. Squid supports external certificate validator
programs (a.k.a. helpers). Look for sslcrtvalidator_program in
squid.conf.documented. For communication details, see the following
wikip age and src/security/cert_validators/fake/

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers

HTH,