[squid-users] Squid plugin sponsor

David Touzeau david at articatech.com
Mon Feb 14 01:21:26 UTC 2022

Thank you for your answer Elizer for all these details, but I've done
some research to avoid soliciting the community for simple questions.

The objective is to not ask anything to the user and not to break his
navigation with a session request.
To summarize, An SSO identification like kerberos with the following
constraints:

 1. unknown Mac addresses
 2. DHCP IP with a short lease
 3. No Active Directory connection.

The network is in VLAN (Mac addr masked) and in DHCP with a short lease.
Even the notion of hotspot is complicated when you can't focus on a
network attribute.
I try to find a way directly in the HTTP protocol.
This is the reason why a fake could be a solution.

But I think I'm trying to catch a chimera and we'll have to redesign the
network architecture.

regards