[squid-users] Base64 encoding of X-Authenticated-User Request Header

Nolan squid at remotenode.org
Fri Feb 4 08:43:14 UTC 2022

Hi All!

I'm using a Squid proxy instance to authenticate users on the local LAN and
then forward requests to an upstream proxy.
I'm trying to figure out a way to do a base64 encoding of the
X-Authenticated-User request header.

Right now I have the following line:
request_header_add X-Authenticated-User "%un" all

I'm just missing the component to convert that %un value into base64 format.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I'm struggling to find good
documentation that explains how to do this.

TIA
Nolan