[squid-users] URL filtering technical

ngtech1ltd at gmail.com ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 02:57:58 UTC 2022

Hey,

Depends on your needs but from my experience the most simple solution would be external_acl helper.
I have used all 3 options and unless you really have foundation in ICAP and you do have a specific logic that can be done only via ICAP you should stick with external_acl.

If you do ask me about the ideal content filter solution?
It should be some deep inspection in the content level and not just the URL or domain etc.
However again, unless you do have the resources and the basic idea of how you do want to do this deep inspection and mangling of the payload you should stick with external_acl, don’t use url_rewrite unless you do have a specific tool that only supports that.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
NgTech, Tech Support