[squid-users] Capture incoming information from one squid (Marcelo)

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Aug 25 07:26:29 UTC 2022

On 25/08/22 09:02, Marcelo wrote:
> Thanks a lot Amos!
> It was just perfect!
>
> With your examples I did manage to implement almost all I need.
>
> A last thing to implement this already.
>
> Is it possible to change the below port for the same port that user
> connected to this child squid?
> This way I would not have to use header to send information to the parent
> squid. Which would means to change all the incoming port route policy I
> already have in place and in production in several VPSs.

Not in the way you are asking/thinking. For that same reason the below
will not work for intercepted traffic.

However. **IF** your frontend is receiving traffic as an explicit proxy
you can pair pair each http(s)_port directive there with a matching
cache_peer directive. The cache_peer_access rules then need adjusting to
deny traffic from the non-paired http(s)_port from using it.