[squid-users] Squid 4.8+ intercept

M K mohammed.khallaf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:28:55 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have a setup like this one:

| Client | =====> | Router | =====> Internet
                     \/
                  | Squid |

...the router is a Mikrotik router capable of all things NAT/Redirect and
whatnot. Squid server has only one network interface.
Using the router:
- I tried routing traffic to squid server IP.
- I tried destination-NATing from client to server IP, with origin server
IP-and-port natted to squid IP-and-port, and with origin server IP-only
natted to squid-IP.

I have been struggling for 2 days to setup a working Squid 4.8 or higher
interception.
Test server is running Ubuntu 18.4.3 and Squid 4.8.
Documentation is either too much trim or extremely outdated.

All best,