[squid-users] Trying to recompile squid 4.13

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sat Aug 6 22:42:20 UTC 2022

On 8/6/22 13:03, marcelorodrigo at graminsta.com.br wrote:

> The next chalenge is to implement ssl bumping with pear caching. Any
> sugestion about detailed documentation of it?

It is a very difficult topic. The best documentation that I know about
(and it is not very good) is squid.conf.documented and
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice

> I would like to understand also why squid gets so slow when handling
> more than 128 IPs.

I bet that whatever it is that slows your Squid down, it is not the
number of listening ports (i.e. what I presume you call "IPs"): AFAIK,
when handling traffic, Squid does not iterate over listening ports so
the number of listening ports should not affect Squid runtime
performance much.

> Its a shame that does not exist a team or even a guy that sells squid
> services/support now a days to implement squid features.

FWIW, several companies and individuals offer paid Squid support.
Unfortunately, the Squid Project effectively stopped maintaining the
list of those support shops, and Google is unable to find the right
pages in my quick test, but they are out there.

> Even with my almost 30 years working with IT infrastructure its hard to
> deal with squid alone.

I agree!

Good luck,