[squid-users] Trying to recompile squid 4.13 with ./configure CXXFLAGS="-DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=256"

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Aug 3 20:03:33 UTC 2022

On 8/3/22 10:12, marcelorodrigo at graminsta.com.br wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to recompile squid 4.13 using ./configure
> CXXFLAGS="-DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=256".
> It runs the recompile but the CXXFLAGS= does not even appears in the
> squid -v.

I do see CXXFLAGS in "squid -v", but I have not tested official v4 code.
AFAICT, the latest v4 does claim to support -DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=...

Please note that ./configure does not "recompile". If you have not run
"make" after ./configure, then please do that. I would also run "make
clean" before ./configure to make sure everything that may rely on
MAXTCPLISTENPORTS is rebuilt during subsequent "make". There are known
problems in build dependency tracking...

If you are still having problems after the above, then look in
src/Makefile. Does it have your MAXTCPLISTENPORTS=256 text somewhere? If
yes, do you see -DMAXTCPLISTENPORTS=256 on the compiler command line
when a C++ compiler compiles, say, src/main.cc (after you run "touch
src/main.cc && make -C src main.o" or equivalent)?

HTH,