[squid-users] regex for normal websites

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Aug 3 08:35:36 UTC 2022

On 03.08.22 14:12, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>IMO, what you are looking for is actually this ACL definition:
>
> acl adobe ssl::server_name .adobe.com
>
>or its regex equivalent,
>
> acl adobe ssl::server_name_regex (^|\.)adobe\.com$

this is what I was searching for. Squid FAQ says:

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#Squid_doesn.27t_match_my_subdomains

www.example.com matches the exact host www.example.com, while .example.com
matches the entire domain example.com (including example.com alone)

but I wasn't sure if this matching also applies to ssl::server_name.

thanks
I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.