[squid-users] [squid-announce] Squid 5.5 is available

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Apr 28 01:32:18 UTC 2022

On 25/04/22 21:05, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Amos,
>
> Small question on this release. I saw in the changelog.
>
> 2.4 TrivialDB Support
> This release deprecates use of BerkleyDB in favour of TrivialDB.
>
> I also saw in https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/squid
> dep: libtdb1 (>= 1.2.7+git20101214)
>
> Now im wondering, does it still apply to use libldb1 or are there plans to move to libldb2.

I'm not sure what you mean by "ldb". I assume that is a typo of "libdb"?

Most OS distributors have moved to TrivialDB as an open-source
replacement for BerkleyDB. Squid has been updated to support the OS
provided library.

As for plans, there are none that I am aware of. As with all things
future support depends on what people want to contribute towards.