[squid-users] How to enable health check or get 200 return ?

#! ./ ronriver at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:57:49 UTC 2022

Hi Rahul,

On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 at 4:44 pm, rahul gupta <mca2rahulbit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am new to the Squid community, can someone please help/guide me?
>
> Need to know, How to enable health check or get 200 return from squid? it
> returns 400,

It sounds like you are using an HTTP healthcheck in the NLB which issues a
GET / request on the instance and returns an HTTP 400.

when associating a target in AWS NLB, it only accepts from 200-399 and also
> not allowed to override?

I don't think there's a way to override the expected HTTP status code in
the NLB. Using an ALB in front of squid will not solve this problem as well.

I suggest using a TCP healthcheck in your NLB's target group.

HTH.

Best regards, ron

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.