[squid-users] HTTPS is not working while doing authentication bypass

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Apr 26 22:03:10 UTC 2022

On 4/26/22 16:58, Renato C. Pacheco wrote:
> every HTTPS request (CONNECT method) that belongs to the
> exception that I've made receives a SSL error
> (ssl_error_rx_record_too_long).

Often, that means that Squid is sending a plain text HTTP error to the
TLS client.

> Squid Cache: Version 4.6

You should upgrade.

> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 login=*:password no-digest

Since your Squid does not speak TLS, it probably just forwards a plain
text (error?) response from this cache peer to your TLS client. Squid
access.log can tell you whether Squid went to the cache peer or direct,
and you may be able to see what is going on using a packet capture.

HTH,