[squid-users] Fine tuning of Squid and OS configuration for handling more loads

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Apr 8 13:39:45 UTC 2022

On 4/8/22 05:56, pvs wrote:

 > sudo /usr/squid/5.2/sbin/squid -f /etc/squid/squid.conf

Next time, try starting Squid from the console/terminal using the
following command:

     sudo /usr/squid/5.2/sbin/squid -Nd1 -f /etc/squid/squid.conf

This is _not_ the right way to start Squid in production, but it is a
good way to test whether you can get some error messages on the console
after Squid dies during this _test_ run.

 > I wanted to share cache.log file, but the size is too big.

You can always share a link to a (compressed) log file or at least
copy-paste the last ~100 lines written just _before Squid exited_. The
exiting lines, if any, would be printed above the Squid startup lines
similar to these:

 > 2022/04/07 18:43:38.457| Created PID file (.../squid.pid)
 > 2022/04/07 18:43:38.459| Set Current Directory to /usr/local/squid/var
 > 2022/04/07 18:43:38.459| Starting Squid Cache version ...

The other information you have provided was useful but not sufficient.

Please keep this conversation on the squid-users list instead of
responding to me personally.

Thank you,

Alex.