[squid-users] ACL evaluation from ICAP response header

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Apr 1 18:32:57 UTC 2022

On 4/1/22 11:37, Jason Spashett wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to evaluate an ACL from some response
> from an ICAP server. I have tried returning an ICAP response header in
> reqmod, but it doesn't seem possible to get at the header using the note
> ACL.

Squid does not support converting ICAP (meta)headers into annotations.
It is a known to-do item. Squid claimed to support converting eCAP
meta-headers into annotations, but my recent experiments showed that it
was not happening either. I have a fix for eCAP and am working on making
it official. A similar change/enhancement will need to be done for ICAP.

Meanwhile, you may be able to, in some cases, work around the lack of
support by passing "%adapt::<last_h{metaheader-name-here}" to an
external ACL helper (or to a built-in ACL that supports logformat %codes).

HTH,