[squid-users] Squidguard replacement for squid if needed

flauenroth flauenroth at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:42:34 UTC 2021

Ok, it seems this whole squid proxy thing went down the FUBAR route faster than I could redirect to dev/null.
Apparently Debian/Ubunutu does not support openSSL anymore and uses GnuTLS whatever that thing is. Once again I feel savaged by "systemd". I knew, when I started the new job that it will be harsh but I did not expect it to be that different.
Coming from a UNIX backround using Linux and than Ubuntu Server 20.04LTS is well, an experience so to say.

Long story short, my best bet is to compile squid by myself and go from there right?
If I end up modifying my source port I am fine with that too, not the first time I had to "hack" my own stuff together. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get that out in the void. And if someone has experiences with my "issue" I gladly appreciate any input.
Have a nice day and my apologies for being not too positive about this whole thing.

Always exit with 42 to return the answer.