[squid-users] Squidguard replacement for squid if needed

flauenroth flauenroth at protonmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:49:08 UTC 2021

Heya list,

since I get no helpful responses from other sources, I try it here.

I have a squid proxy set up and running. It works but when it comes to squidguard well, let's say I am done with it. It's not maintained anymore, I need hacks to get the results I'd like to get and it's more work than good.

So I went on the web to look up some replacement for squidguard.

urlfilterdb is getting mentioned a lot as a replacement for squidguard anyone got some good experiences with it?
>From the looks on the site it fulfills my needs but before I convince my boss to replace all the "old stuff" I rather know what I am talking about.

Have a nice week
Always exit with 42 to return the answer.