[squid-users] About Squid 4, AD, Kerberos and AD group auth.

Eliezer Croitoru ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 06:09:29 UTC 2021

Hey,

Have you tried these instructions:

https://support.kaspersky.com/KWTS/6.1/en-US/166336.htm

Eliezer

From: squid-users <squid-users-bounces at lists.squid-cache.org> On Behalf Of Hernan Saltiel
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 16:17
To: Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
Cc: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] About Squid 4, AD, Kerberos and AD group auth.

Hi Amos!

Thanks a lot for your response.

I already checked this page, it talks about using negotiate_kerberos_auth when having Squid 3.2 or newer, but there is no place in the document with an example about how to use it.

Then I went to the manpage for this command (negotiate_kerberos_auth man page - squid | ManKier <https://www.mankier.com/8/negotiate_kerberos_auth> ), where I can see three lines talking about how to add this to squid.conf. But I don't know if I do need to follow a procedure to configure winbind, Samba, or any other thing, and how to configure squid.conf to work with groups, and their permissions.

Is there any place with full examples on using that config?

Thanks again, and best regards,

HeCSa.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 3:10 AM Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz <mailto:squid3 at treenet.co.nz> > wrote:

On 20/09/21 5:32 am, Hernan Saltiel wrote:
>      If you know about this, and can point me out to some URL I'm not
> seeing, I'll thank you.

Please see the FAQ written by that helpers author
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Kerberos>

HeCSa