[squid-users] Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find an answer anywhere ...

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Sep 24 22:01:45 UTC 2021

On 9/24/21 5:26 PM, Mike Yates wrote:
> Ok so let's say the new server outside the dmz has a different name. I
> need a squid server configuration that will just forward the api calls
> to an external address.  So my internal servers will still point to Fred
> ( which is now a squid server and has access to the outside world) and
> will then forward the requests to the new server I have in the cloud.
> Long story short I just need a pass through squid server.

Will those internal servers trust the certificate you configure Squid
with? In your example, you used "https://...". That usually means the
internal servers are going to validate the server certificate. Can you
make them trust the Squid certificate? Or does the API communication
have to be signed by a fred.mydomain.com certificate that you do not
control?

The other pending question is whether those internal servers are
configured to use a proxy (see the previous email on this thread) or
always talk directly to (what they think is) the API service?

Alex.