[squid-users] Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find an answer anywhere ...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Sep 24 21:59:08 UTC 2021

On 9/24/21 3:26 PM, Mike Yates wrote:
> Ok so let's say the new server outside the dmz has a different name.

Are you going to re-configure the clients to use the new / different
name?  Or do you need to re-configure either the intermediate Squid or
the target; Fred, also running squid, to translate from the old API
hostname to the new / different hostname?

> I need a squid server configuration that will just forward the api
> calls to an external address.  So my internal servers will still point
> to Fred ( which is now a squid server and has access to the outside
> world) and will then forward the requests to the new server I have in
> the cloud.

Are there two Squid servers in play now that Fred is running Squid?

Is there a proxy server, Squid or otherwise, between clients and Fred?
Or is Fred the Squid server that you were referencing in your emails?

> Long story short I just need a pass through squid server.

I suspect you might need to do more than simply pass the requests
through.  It sounds to me like you need to translates requests for
https://fred.mydomain.com/api/event to https://dmz.mydomain.com/api/event.

It seems to me like you are going to want to configure Squid on Fred to
act as a Reverse Proxy (Accelerator).

Link - Reverse Proxy Mode
  - https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy

--