[squid-users] Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find an answer anywhere ...

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Sep 24 21:27:02 UTC 2021

On 9/24/21 3:18 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> If it is correct, then it is not clear how the change of an IP address
> would affect those making API requests using the domain name, and
> what role Squid is playing here.

To build on Alex's good question, are the API client's sending the API
calls /through/ Squid?  Or are they configured to bypass Squid?

The mechanism the client's use seems extremely germane here.  E.g. if
the client's are configured to bypass the proxy for fred.mydomain.com.
Or if client's use Squid and Squid has been configured to access
fred.mydomain.com on behalf of clients, and how.

We need more information to be able to say anything meaningful, much
less helpful.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die