[squid-users] Sorry if this has been asked but I can't find an answer anywhere ...

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Sep 24 21:18:31 UTC 2021

On 9/24/21 5:09 PM, Mike Yates wrote:
> I have a bunch of internal machines that do not have internet access and
> any one of them is sending api post requests to another system on prem
> and having no issues ….
>

> Example would be https://fred.mydomain.com/api/event
>

> Now the problem becomes the fred server is being moved to the cloud so
> the same https://fred.mydomain.com/api/event is still valid but none of my
> internal server can see fred and I don’t have access to the backend
> servers to change their api calls.

AFAICT from your summary, "moved to cloud" here means that the API
protocol stays the same, the API server domain name stays the same, the
API URL path stays the same, but the IP address of that domain name will
change. Please clarify if that conclusion is wrong.

If it is correct, then it is not clear how the change of an IP address
would affect those making API requests using the domain name, and what
role Squid is playing here.