[squid-users] net err cert validity too long - chrome/safari

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Sep 23 14:46:41 UTC 2021

On 9/23/21 9:49 AM, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> sadly yes..
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/net/docs/certificate_lifetimes.md

AFAICT, the above article says that Chrome only applies the 398-day
restriction to certificates signed by CAs that are trusted in a
_default_ installation of Chrome (i.e. the so called "publicly trusted
CAs"). Rob's custom CA is not one of those publicly trusted CAs.

Evidently, either the 398-day restriction is now applied to more
situations than those described in the article OR Rob has circumvented
Crhome's idea of "publicly trusted CAs".