[squid-users] Compile/Rebuilding on debian bullseye (or buster)

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 15 17:00:20 UTC 2021

On 15/09/21 10:28 pm, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Amos,
>
> Thanks on the reply, ive missed the change from db to tdb, thanks on that.
>
> What i notice in the builds is,
>
> I see this one..
>
> config.status: creating test-suite/Makefile
>
> And then i see these, then it failes.
>
> cp ../../src/tes ts/stub_fd.cc tests/stub_fd.cc
>cp: cannot create regular file 'tests/stub_fd.cc': No such file or directory
> make[4]: *** [Makefile:1445: tests/stub_fd.cc] Error 1
>

> Is it possible that the "tests" folder (keep in mind above uses the old /debian setup),
> is changed to "test-suite"..

No, the folders are not related.

The issue is that without dependency tracking make does not detect that
tools/squidclient/tests/ directory needs to exist before stub_fd.cc is
copied to build tools/squidclient/tests/stub_fd.o

> Im not really that into the code but, it "looks" like there is a folder missing "tests"
> Based on above, if can disable all tests, it should build.
>
> Suggestion on disabling the tests?

I have spent a while working on it today and have pushed an update to
Debian packaging repo. Please pull a new copy of that latest. It should
fix all the issues you have.