[squid-users] Error 503 accessing Instagram/facebook via IPv6

marcelorodrigo at graminsta.com.br marcelorodrigo at graminsta.com.br
Sat Oct 30 06:10:06 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have been using squid for several years and am very grateful for the
solution.

Since last 3-4 days my customers haven't been able to access
www.instagram.com and Facebook throug IPv6s that were already working as
proxies for years.

I only get 503 error after a time out.
The strangest thing is that I can connect 20-30% of the attempts.

I didn't make any changes to the VPSs.

I switched IPv6s provider to a totally different subnet, changed several
equipments, but it didn't work at all.

If I access through the same VPS using the same IPs as squid is running
using curl command but not going through the proxy It works.

But through Squid it no longer accesses as before.
This only happens with v6 IPs. On V4 Squid runs normally.

I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 and Squid 5.2-10 but everything remains the
same.

My agency depends on it and I've already lost half of my clients.
Could you please help me, even if I have to pay for support?