[squid-users] Kerberos authentication with multiple squids

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sat Oct 16 19:31:48 UTC 2021

I think you talk about a kdc proxy, which is for another case.

Regards
Markus

"Grant Taylor"  wrote in message
news:b815528d-34ff-0fed-3194-dc6f34199a1c at spamtrap.tnetconsulting.net...

On 10/13/21 1:48 PM, Markus Moeller wrote:
> The problem lies more in the way how Kerberos proxy authentication
> works. The client uses the proxy name to create a ticket and in this
> case it would be the name of the first proxy e.g. proxy1.internal.  The
> first proxy will pass it through to the authenticating proxy for
> authentication proxy2.internal.

My understanding is that there is a way that a Kerberized service
(proxy1 in this case) could act as a Kerberos protocol proxy agent (of
sorts) and ask for a special type of Kerberos ticket on behalf of the
client (client0) asking it (proxy1) for service which it (proxy1) would
use when forwarding connections on to another host (proxy2 in this
case).  Is my general understanding of Kerberos wrong?

Does Squid support such Kerberos protocol proxy agent (term?) support?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die